Saturday, January 05, 2008

Ode to Snowboots

When 4 feet of snow in a month doth fall,
Snowboots step in to answer the call.
Like a mailman who delivers whether snow, sleet or ice,
Warm feet in Snowboots makes outside rather nice.

3-year-old Sami loves to play outside
Or get in the car and go for a ride.
Before Snowboots, these activities were, at best
Never done, or done quickly, and without any zest.

Now with Snowboots, I fear, that Samantha will call
"Mommy, outside please!" and then I will fall
Into behavior that proves I don't hate winter at all:
Snowball making, snow raking, and climbing snow mountains, LOL!

4 comments:

Marshall and Alison said...

If you just wrote that on the fly I am completely and totally in awe! That is so great. You have mad writing skills.

David said...

i'm LOLing right now!!!

Melanee Raynes said...

awesomeness.

Stefanie Raynes said...

you are a writer extraordinare....I wonder how many points on scrabble "extraordinare" is...