Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Spring?

It was 60 degrees today -- I went outside in shorts and t-shirts. I think I could actually see the snow melting, and some green is popping through in some places. Frankly, I'm surprised the grass made it through the winter, but then again, everything is hearty in the Northeast.

Apparently all sorts of things are melting around here. My neighbor spoke to me today, for the second time ever, once it became apparent that I was moving. The first time was in response to a fire truck and ambulance outside my door (long story). I guess I know how to help cold New Englanders melt: move!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What about the ambulance and fire truck? Was it when Samantha got her head caught in the stair railing? I am glad you could go out in shorts. It is still too cold here. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

dumb neighbor doesn't know what he's missing out on! ya know what is great? shorts and t-shirt in 60 degree weather! I would do that all the time in alaska growing up, but when i came to utah, the summers caused me to bundle up in winter gear for anything less than 70. pathetic.